Red River Valley Co-op Power strives to provide a personal touch to the way we do business. Your cooperative offers programs and products designed to make your life easier, comfortable and secure. Whether it’s a super-efficient Marathon water heater, security system or automatic bill pay, a program or product is available to fit your needs.
Reduce the monthly hassle with automatic bill pay. You no longer have to write a monthly check for electricity when you sign up to pay your electric bill automatically from your checking or savings account.
This is a free service. To sign up for direct payment download and fill out the authorization form. Then, return that form to our office along with a voided check or savings deposit slip.
Your payment will be automatically made for you on the 21st. If the 21st falls on a weekend or holiday, the payment will be made on the previous business day. You will continue to receive your monthly statement, indicating the amount that will be withdrawn from your account.
If you are having difficulty paying your electric bills during winter months when kilowatt usage is higher, or if you wish to budget your monthly electric bill, why not consider the Budget Payment Plan. Using the budget plan, you will accumulate credit during the spring and summer months to offset the higher bills that you may incur during the fall and winter.
The plan works best when started in the spring in order to build up a large enough reserve (credit) to carry you through the winter. If needed, the monthly budget payment can be adjusted up or down during the year.
If you are interested in this program, please call our office for more information. Combine budget billing with the automatic payment plan and know exactly how much will be deducted from your bank account each month. To join Budget Billing fill out and print the form below.
When choosing a water heater the keys to look for are reliability, durability and energy efficiency. In other words, look no further than a Marathon electric water heater from Red River Valley Co-op Power. The cooperative keeps 85 and 105 gallon Marathon water heaters in stock. Please call the co-op for current pricing.
Only Marathon offers the one thing you’re looking for in a water heater: Everything
Plus, purchase an 85 or 105 gallon Marathon and put it on load control to receive a monthly credit and a $150 rebate
An additional healthy rebate is available between April 1 and December 31, 2016. Please call Member Services at 218-456-2139 for more info. Member must already be on load control or have a ripple receiver in place to receive rebate. See warranty brochure for complete warranty information.
Please visit http://www.marathonheaters.com/ for additional information regarding the benefits of a Marathon electric water heater.
- The tank is designed, built and warranted not to leak “for as long as you own your home.”
- The seamless, polybutylene tank is impervious to rust and corrosion!
- Parts are warranted for 6 years from date of manufacture.
- Tough molded outer shell resists dents and scratches.
- Marathon water heaters are incredibly energy efficient.
- Envirofoam® insulation is a great energy saver and is friendly to the ozone layer.
- Energy Saving Pipe Wrap Kit reduces heat loss through plumbing lines.
- All plastic tank eliminates the need for an anode rod—preventing potential odor problems.
- Bowl shaped bottom allows more complete sediment draining.
- Factory installed Temperature and Pressure Relief valve for greater value and security.
Now available to Red River Co-op Power members at the following one-time lease payment:
200 Amp – $1,000
400 Amp - $2,000
Plus additional miscellaneous materials if required and state sales tax.
These switches can be used as a service disconnect for standby generators. Can feed up to two 250 MCM secondary circuits. Additional circuits will require a secondary junction cabinet.
Red River Valley Co-op Power’s lineman will make the connections to the Co-op’s lines.
The member’s electrician makes the connections to the customer’s lines. The member’s electrician also installs the secondary junction cabinet, if necessary.
Off-peak electric heating is one of the most efficient and affordable ways to heat your home. An off-peak heating system consists of an electric heat source as its main component and a backup, automatic heating source that will typically operating between 150 and 300 hours per year during time of peak electrical usage.
In exchange for allowing your electric heat to be controlled during times of peak usage, you receive a low off-peak electric heating rate about 45% less than the regular rate and competitive with the price of fuels such as propane.
A variety of efficient electric heating systems including plenum heaters, floor heat, heat pumps and electric thermal storage systems are compatible with off-peak provide you have a reliable and automatic back-up fossil fuel or thermal storage heating system. The exceptions to needing a back-up system is floor heat that has a heat storage base and a properly sized thermal storage system that releases its own stored heat during control times.
- We always recommend obtaining bids from more than one contractor and calculating your payback.
- Installation of your off-peak system should be done by a qualified heating contractor and/or electrician.
- The cooperative supplies an off-peak meter and control device that automatically switches your heating system from on-peak to off-peak when needed.
- The off-peak meter must be located on the outside of the building.
- The off-peak rate will not be given until the ripple controlling device is installed and the cooperative has been called to check out the system. At that time, the off-peak meter will be installed. There is a monthly $3.25 facility charge for off-peak.
- Your cooperative offers many incentives for installing qualifying energy-efficient heating systems.
- Electric water heaters can be hooked up to load control and receive a monthly credit. This load must be in the main service panel as it receives a monthly credit.
Member service staff are always happy to speak or meet with you to discuss your specific off-peak heating needs. If you would like more information please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-456-2139.