Treat all downed power lines as if they are energized.
- Never touch the lines, call Red River Valley Co-op Power immediately and keep others away from the area until the Cooperative's crew arrives.
- Call Gopher State One Call before you dig.
- Be aware of overhead power lines when planting trees or installing antennas or other items that could come in contact with electric lines.
- Never use metal ladders near power lines.
- Teach your children the dangers of climbing trees near power lines.
- Promptly report potential problems to the Cooperative, such as a broken utility pole, tree branches across a power line, loose wire dangling from a utility pole, any object touching a power line and a power line lying on the ground.